Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Choosing the Right Auctioneer is Important?
- A top notch bid caller is a very important key element towards involving the crowd and getting and then keeping the momentum going. The auctioneer needs to be enthusiastic and be able to energize the bidding public. Settle only for the best. You’ve made the move to sell and with that you’re most likely selling a lifetime. You cannot afford to sacrifice. Remember hiring a top notch professional doesn’t cost, it pays. We think our Auctioneer’s at Spring Valley Sales Co. are some of the best. 😉
- What Is Involved In A Live Sale?
- There’s nothing quite like a live auction. We strive to make bidding and buying live enjoyable and easy! Here are a few notes for those unfamiliar with bidding live on-site.
- Bidding – Bids are typically placed with an apparent wave of the bidders hand or bidding number, or nod of the head. Our auctioneers pick up on bidding tendencies as we become more familiar with each individuals bidding style. We give every effort as auctioneers to be clear and concise as to what the asking bid is, and where the bid is currently being held.
- Absentee Bidding – Absentee bidding for live auctions can be placed by calling our office before the sale begins. We are able to accept offers on items for auction, but cannot guarantee phone availability as the live auction is taking place. There are no absentee bidding options for online-only sales. We understand that this can be an inconvenience to those unfamiliar or unable to bid online. We ask that buyers try and get help placing bids from a trusted family member or friend.
- What Forms of Payment Do You Take?
- Cash, Good Check, Credit Card (4% service charge – $25 minimum purchase)
- How Does An Online Auction Work?
- SV Sales Co. is offering online bidding through HiBid for our auctions!
Find the auction you’re interested in; click on it. You will be led to HiBid to register to bid online or to view the catalog for the upcoming auction. You will need to create a unique username and password, and use that each time to bid online. We have included a video on how to do this; if you need some extra help. Please note: You will need to be logged in to HiBid to place a bid on the Auction.
- If I Make A Purchase When Do I Have To Remove?
- Buyers retain ownership and responsibility of all items the moment the auctioneer says “sold.” SV Sales Co. cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items once they are sold. We will make all attempts to help out if a situation arises. SV Sales Co. has a zero tolerance policy for individuals who attempt to manipulate goods or break the law and reserve the right to remove offenders from the premises.
- Removal time for items may vary depending on the type of asset being sold.
- > Live Auctions: Same day removal.
- > Live Equipment and machinery auctions: Items must be removed from property no later than 3 days post auction day.
- > Online Sale: Items must be picked up during the pick-up times listed in the ‘Terms’ on the Online Sale.
- Why Should We Choose SV Sales Co.?
- We are always striving to be the best; working to be the most qualified and prepared for business success- we are aware of the need for continuing education and advancing our expertise in the profession. This, plus always being aware of the latest cutting edge technology that’s available to us as professional Auctioneers and Realtors, will all be a huge benefit to you as a Seller and/or Buyer.
If you have any questions, please contact us today.